The VMTC is known for its spirit of adventure which is reflected in its diverse range of trips and activities. The club boasts a wealth of knowledge of the outdoors, and has experienced leaders in a wide range of pursuits, as well as flora and fauna enthusiasts.
We cater for all ages, from beginners through to the very experienced. Our membership is drawn from all walks of life, further enhancing our rich mix of people who share their knowledge and experiences which helps create a strong spirit of cameraderie within the club.
The club's activities include:
- Pack carries - weekends - extended trips (Australia and overseas)
- Day walks
- Endurance walks - 50km - 100km
- Ski touring & snow camping - snowshoeing
- Lilo trips
- Family base camps
- Skills development and equipment advice in the form of navigation and beginner weekends and information evenings with a variety of guest speakers
- Social events - restaurant evenings, slide nights, craft nights, indoor rock climbing
The VMTC meets on the third Thursday night of the month (except on or before public holidays) at the Powlett Reserve Community Centre, at the corner of Grey and Simpson Streets, East Melbourne (Melway Ref: 2G F2). There is usually a social or information activity on meeting nights and visitors are most welcome.
Meeting times are between 8:00 PM and about 9:30 PM.
Visitors are welcome on club activities or in the club rooms. See 'Current Program' for upcoming activities. A fee of $5 is asked of visitors on walks. A monthly newsletter, 'Trampalong', gives news of coming events, reports of recent trips, etc.